Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I know what your thinking. Why post a blog after so long a period. Other than my lack of persistence, I have seen so much junk coming in from overseas. I couldn't let this go without commenting. Price is definitely a consideration but don't make it your only priority. Grilles and Registers, whether steel or aluminum come in different thicknesses. A product may look the same in a picture but hold them both in your hand and you'll notice how lightweight the inexpensive one is. This contributes not only in longevity but in noise level as well. When your resting at night, the last thing you will want to hear before drifting off to sleep is noisy registers. Hart and Cooley makes a quality line of vent covers, registers, and floor heat registers. Make that choice once. Go to www.valueac.com and you will find only quality vent covers.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Steel or Aluminum Grills

When ordering grills and registers, there are number designations in the model that determine the material they are made of. For example A301-106 is made out of aluminum. 301-106 is made of steel. Depending on your location, you might use aluminum in a high humidity area near the coast. Also keep in mind that steel is generally less expensive than aluminum if cost is a factor. You can go to www.valueac.com or www.acregisters.com to get more information,

Friday, May 22, 2009

Suitability of the 421 versus the 210

Floor Register 210 and 421 are both excellent registers for floor use. The 210 however is a very durable steel register that will handle any kind of furniture weight or foot traffic. The 421 is a stamped floor register that is lighter in weight but with a full damper control, but you have to be careful that you do not place it near a table leg or chair or even an entryway. Although it is made for floor use, it is lighter and be subjectable to bending under an extreme load. The advantage of using the 421 is that its' available in both a golden sand color and white, where the 210 is not.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Measuring for your new grille

As a general rule, all grilles are measured by hole size. That may be in the floor opening or wall or even ceiling. If your opening size is a 12" by 6", this will be the size grille you would order. Most air diffusers and floor registers are the same. The style of grille will determine what outside flange opening you will have. As a general rule most grilles will have a 1- 3/4" outer flange... making that 12x6 actually a 13-3/4 by 7-3/4.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Floor Registers from Central Air Supply

We are a complete heating & air conditioning supplier. We stock Floor registers from our main vendor Hart & Cooley. They are the premier distributor in the United States for Air diffusers and vent covers. Most covers can also be phrased as registers and air grilles. Our best sellers are 421 Floor registers as well as the 210 Floor vent cover and both are produced by Hart & Cooley.

In a future blog we will be describing how to measure the vent covers to make sure you are ordering the proper one for duct opening. We will also go into detail about which register might look best and most durable for your application.

If you have any questions on any floor register or vent covers, please check out our website at http://www.valueac.com/ or you can call us at 1-888-242-7725 toll free for guidance in selecting the proper grille.